MOC respects your right to privacy. This policy summarizes what personal information we may collect, how we may use this information, and other important topics relating to your privacy and data protection. It is MOC policy to comply with all applicable privacy and data protection laws. This commitment reflects the value we place on earning and keeping the trust of our customers, business partners, and others who share their personal information with us. This Policy applies to all Internet sites and mobile applications operated by or on behalf of MOC and includes MOC entities worldwide (each a “MOC Internet Sites”). It also applies to personal information MOC may otherwise collect: (i) through our products and services; (ii) when you interact with us by means other than a MOC Internet Site and Apps, for example, in person, by telephone, or at a trade show or training; and (iii) from our customers, distributors, suppliers, vendors, and other business partners (collectively “Business Partners”). However, different MOC Internet Sites, Apps, products, and services have different purposes and features. If additional or different disclosures are required for a specific MOC Internet Site, product, or service, then we provide those disclosures separately on, or with, the relevant Internet Site, product, or service. Each such specific privacy disclosure, policy, or statement (“Specific Privacy Statement”) supplements and amends this Policy. General Principles of MOC’s Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
To the extent required by applicable law, whenever MOC collects personal information, MOC will:
Personal Information MOC Collects
- provide timely and appropriate notice to you about our data practices;
- collect your personal information only for specified and legitimate purposes. The information we collect will be relevant, adequate and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected;
- process your personal information in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected or to which you have subsequently consented;
- take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and, where necessary, kept up-to-date;
- not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes without giving you an opportunity to “opt-out”; and
- take appropriate measures, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate protection for personal information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country, including transfers within MOC.
MOC collects the following types of personal information:
MOC collects personal information you provide us, which may include: (i) contact information, such as your name, company name, job title, address, e-mail address, and phone number; (ii) additional information about you to help us get to know you better, such as your gender, age, date of birth, nationality, professional associations and registration numbers, information about how you use our products, and demographic information; (iii) comments, questions, requests, and orders you may make; (iv) financial information needed to process payments if you make purchases, such as credit card or account information or tax identification number, address, zip code; (v) log-in information; and (vi) information about your preferences, such as your preferred methods of communication and product types in which you are interested.
- Information Automatically Gathered from Your Device
Device and browser information. MOC may collect technical information about your device, such as device type, browser type, IP address, operating system, and device identifier. MOC collects this information automatically from your device and web browser through cookies and similar technologies. Information about how you interact with us. MOC may collect technical data about your usage of MOC Internet Sites and Apps and how you interact with our digital advertisements and promotions, such as content viewed or downloaded, features used, links clicked, MOC promotional emails opened, and dates and times of interactions. MOC collects this information using cookies and similar technologies. Location information. MOC may collect location information, including precise real-time location information from your device and imprecise location information derived from, for example, your IP address or postal code. MOC Apps will NOT access precise-real time location information from your device unless you grant permission to do so.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Analytics and Advertising.
MOC uses third-party analytics services to better understand how users engage with MOC Internet Sites and Apps, including services provided by Google. Please use the following links for more information about how Google collects and uses data when you visit their partners’ websites or apps: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
MOC allows selected third parties, including these analytics, to place cookies on our Internet Sites. These third parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites. These third parties may be members of industry self-regulatory groups such as the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI
) and Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA
). The websites for these groups provide more information on interest-based online advertising and how to opt out of receiving interest-based online ads from participating companies.
- Do Not Track Browser Settings
Some browsers may transmit “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals to the websites you visit. Because there is not common agreement about how to interpret DNT signals, MOC currently does not act in response to them.
- Information from Business Partners and other Third Parties.
MOC collects personal information through our Business Partners. This information may include contact information, such as name, company name, job title, address, e-mail address, and phone number. MOC may also obtain personal information from other third-party sources, including publicly and commercially available sources. We may combine the information we receive from our Business Partners and other third-party sources with information that we collect from you or your device, as described above. You have choices about the personal information you provide MOC. You may choose not to provide information that we request, but if you do so, we may not be able to provide you a relevant service or a particular feature for a MOC Internet Site, App, or product. How MOC Uses Your Personal Information
MOC may use your personal information to:
- Develop and manage our relationships with you.
This may include: (i) delivering services or carrying out transactions that you have requested; (ii) providing information about MOC products, services, and transactions, and advertisements, that may be of interest to you; (iii) providing you a more consistent experience in interacting with MOC, including by learning more about you and how you use and interact with MOC Internet Sites, Apps, products, and services; and (iv) planning, managing, and performing under our contractual relationships with our Business Partners.
- Communicate with you or your company.
This may include: (i) informing you of MOC products, services, and promotional activities that may be of interest to you or your company; (ii) providing information about relevant MOC products, services, and transactions, including, for example, pricing information, technical data, invoice, shipping, or production information, warranty or recall information, or information about product or service improvements; (iii) responding to questions or inquiries that you make, including customer service requests; and (iv) inviting you to participate in, or informing you of the results of, customer satisfaction or market research surveys.
- Provide and improve our Internet Sites, Apps, products, and services.
This may include: (i) customizing them to your preferences or interests, making them more compatible with your technology, or otherwise making them easier to use; (ii) maintaining the security of and otherwise protecting them; and (iii) and developing new MOC Internet Sites, Apps, products and services.
This may include: (i) complying with our obligations to retain certain business records for minimum retention periods; (ii) establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims; (iii) complying with laws, regulations, court orders, or other legal process; (iv) detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violation of our contracts or agreements, violations of law, or other misuse of MOC Internet Sites, Apps, products or services; and (v) protecting MOC’s rights or property, or yours or others’ health, safety, welfare, rights, or property. MOC may also use your personal information for other uses consistent with the context in which the information was collected or with your consent. MOC may anonymize or aggregate any of the information we collect and use it for any purpose, including for research and product-development purposes. Such information will not identify you individually. When MOC May Share Your Personal Information
MOC will not
disclose your personal information except as described here:
- MOC may share your personal information with other MOC entities. When we do so, these other MOC entities will use your information in a manner consistent with this Policy, any applicable Specific Privacy Statements, and all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
- MOC may also share your personal information with third parties we hire to perform support services for us. These third parties are required to use the personal information we share with them only to perform services on our behalf and to treat your personal information in compliance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
- In some cases, MOC may share your personal information with third parties who partner with us to provide products and services to our customers, such as distributors. If so, we will require our distributors to use that information in a manner consistent with this Policy, any applicable Specific Privacy Statements, and all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
- MOC may share your personal information with third parties when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary: (i) to comply with a law, regulation, court order, or other legal process; (ii) to detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violation of our contracts or agreements, violation of law, or other misuse of MOC Internet Sites, Apps, products or services; (iii) to protect MOC rights or property or yours or others’ health, safety, welfare, rights, or property; or (iv) under similar circumstances. If such an event occurs, we will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
- MOC may share your personal information with third parties in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation, or dissolution of MOC or a MOC business unit, or under similar circumstances. If such an event occurs, we will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
- MOC may share your information with your permission or at your request.
MOC may share anonymized or aggregated information internally and with third parties for any purpose. Such information will not identify you individually. Security of Your Personal Information
Your personal information will generally be stored in MOC databases or databases maintained by our service providers. Many of these databases are stored on servers located in the United States. MOC acts appropriately, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate protection for personal information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country, including transfers within MOC. MOC maintains reasonable safeguards to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your personal information. Although we use security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure, misuse, or alteration, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet and will not be responsible for breaches of security beyond our reasonable control. Links to Third Party Internet Sites and Plugin
MOC Internet Sites and Apps may contain links to websites or mobile apps that are not operated by MOC and plugins from social media platforms and other third parties. An example of a social media plugin is the Facebook “Like” button. We provide these links and plugins as a service and do not imply any endorsement of the activities or content of the related websites, apps, or social media platforms, nor any association with their operators. To learn about the information collected by these third-party websites, apps, and plugins, please visit their privacy policies. We encourage you to review the privacy policies for the websites, apps, and social media platforms you visit before using them or providing personal information. Access to Your Personal Information
You may review, correct, and update personal information you provide to us by using the feedback mechanisms provided at a particular MOC Internet Site or App, by clicking on this feedback link,
or by writing to us at: MOC Products Company Legal, 12306 Montague St., Pacoima, CA 91331.
Retention of Your Personal Information
|Category of Personal Information ||Categories of sources of Personal Information ||Category Description ||Purposes for which category of Personal Information is used by MOC ||Has MOC sold within the past 12 months? ||Has MOC disclosed for a business purpose within the past 12 months? ||Categories of Third Parties information disclosed to ||Purpose for disclosure to Third Parties |
|Children’s Data ||Direct from individual ||This category contains data elements pertaining to children under the age of 16. ||We do collect children’s data to answer questions as part of a child’s interaction with MOC product or about health effects from exposure to a MOC product for a child. ||No ||Yes ||Customer Relationship Management platforms, call centers, travel providers ||Track safety incidents, make travel arrangements || |
|Relationship Information ||MOC Company, MOC Website, direct from individual, social media networks, data brokers, third party service providers ||This category contains data elements that help MOC understand a customer, personalize our interactions with the customer, and develop the business relationship with the customer. ||We collect relationship information to help us understand your interests, personalize our interactions with you (including targeting our advertisements), develop our business relationship through email and mail correspondence, to collect complaints based on federal laws, to secure business travel reservations. ||No ||Yes ||Analytics providers, marketing providers, travel providers, channel partners ||Secure travel arrangements, aid partners in developing relationships, analyze relationship information || |
|Online and Technical Information ||MOC Website, MOC Company, direct from individual, social media networks, data brokers, third party service providers, software applications ||This category contains data elements generated in the course of an individual’s use of our websites, application and platforms. ||We collect online and technical information to personalize your interactions with us (including, for example, recognizing you and your devices) and to administer and optimize our sites. We may also use this information to enable delivery of online ads and for analytics purposes (including, for example, measuring response to our ads). ||No ||Yes ||Analytics providers, marketing providers, cloud providers ||Provide support, order and activity analysis || |
|Geolocation Data ||MOC Website, MOC Company, direct from individual, social media networks, data brokers, third party service providers ||This category contains data elements that allow precise location of the individual. ||We collect geolocation data to customize your user experience, to process orders and communicate with you, to manage industrial hygiene program assets, enterprise resource planning processing. Geographic location. ||No ||Yes ||Analytics, marketing providers, inventory management ||Provide support and communications, order processing, marketing || |
|Financial Information ||MOC Company, third party service provider, direct from individual ||This category contains data elements collected in the course of payment processing. ||We collect financial information in order to deposit funds received from incentive programs, determine chargeback eligibility, process payments for products or services you purchase. ||No ||Yes ||Payment processors, financial institutions, incentive programs ||Payment and order processing, travel reservations, incentive programs || |
|IoT (Internet of Things) and Sensor Data ||MOC Website, software applications, devices, direct from individual ||This category contains data elements collected by MOC via IoT (Internet of Things) devices, sensors, or other connected solutions. ||We use IoT and sensor data to provide services relating to our internet-enabled products and solutions. We may also use this information for analytics purposes (including, for example, developing predictive models). ||No ||Yes ||Analytics, cloud providers ||Order analysis, activity measurement || |
|Health Information ||Direct from individual, health care professionals or institutions ||This category contains data elements collected while accommodating health and disability needs and/or providing healthcare, dental, and related services. ||We collect Health Information as needed to accommodate health and disability needs. ||No ||No ||N/A ||N/A || |
|Audio/Visual Information and Olfactory Information ||Direct from individual ||This category contains images, recording, and similar data elements. ||We collect audio/visual information and olfactory information to review security incidents on an “as needed” basis. ||No ||No ||N/A ||N/A || |
|Other Unique Identifiers ||MOC Website, MOC Company, social media networks, data brokers, third party service providers, direct from individual ||This category contains data elements that MOC uses to identify an individual and link his or her records. ||We collect other unique identifiers to assist in making travel arrangement, to disclose to government agencies information related to regulatory requirements, for training purposes, to create a customer record, to build an on-site personalization, and to verify a business email address. ||No ||Yes ||Government agencies, training providers, Customer Relationship Management providers, verification services ||Investigations, system maintenance, identity verification || |
|Inferred and Derived Information ||MOC Website, MOC Company, direct from individual, software applications ||This category contains data elements generated by MOC based on other data elements that we collect. ||We create inferred and derived data elements to personalize our interactions with you and develop our business relationship, including analytics, marketing, and ad retargeting. ||No ||Yes ||Analytics providers, e-commerce providers, marketing providers ||Identity validation, marketing || |
|Personal and Business Contact Information ||MOC Company, MOC Website, direct from individual, social media networks, data brokers, third party service providers, public sources, software applications ||This category contains data elements that allow MOC to identify, address, or contact an individual. ||We collect contact information as needed to identify you, contact you, and do business with you. For example, we use your contact information to send you communications, generate and send free trade certificates, register you for events, and provide accurate delivery of requested material, among other reasons. Contact information is also used to help us identify you and personalize our communications. ||No ||Yes ||Legal, Compliance, Government Agencies, Logistics, Transportation, Information Technology, Advertising/Marketing/Promotion, Cloud Solutions, Travel, Payment, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Document Exchange and Collaboration, eCommerce, Software Development, Managed Services, Training, Auditing, Printing, Financial, Point of Sale, Consulting, Feedback, Analytics, and Security services ||Data analysis, audit, support, analytics, usage statistics, customer experience, lead generation, develop channel partner relationships, marketing, compliance, investigations, communications, delivery of goods, order processing, technical troubleshooting, record keeping, payment processing, reporting || |
|Compliance Data ||MOC Website, MOC Company, direct from individual ||This category contains data elements that MOC maintains to comply with or to demonstrate compliance with law or company policies. ||We collect compliance data as needed to comply with laws and company policies, to manage consent, and to create user profiles. For example, if you submit or are otherwise identified in a product complaint, we collect information required to resolve the complaint and meet applicable regulatory or legal requirements. ||No ||Yes ||Government entities, analytics providers ||Comply with law, optimize web experiences || |
|Transaction Information ||MOC Website, MOC Company, direct from individual ||This category contains data elements generated during an individual’s transactions with MOC. ||We collect transaction information in order to provide you with the products, services and information you request and for our everyday business purposes, such as accounting functions, reporting, and making back-ups. ||No ||Yes ||Invoice management, customer relationship management, incentive programs, marketing providers, government agencies and legal providers ||Audits, legal advice, customs issues || |
|Government-Issued Identification Numbers ||MOC Company, software applications, direct from individual ||The category contains data elements from government-issued identification documents. ||We collect government-issued identification numbers to help us identify and authenticate you, for fraud prevention, to provide information to the federal government about individuals with access to controlled substances while at MOC, to secure business travel reservations, to validate business expenses, and similar purposes, and to comply with law. ||No ||Yes ||Law firms, analytics providers, travel providers, government agencies ||Aggregate customer spend analytics, secure travel arrangements, investigations || |
| || || || || || || || || || |
How long we keep your personal information will vary and will depend on the purpose and use of information collected. There are legal requirements that we keep some types of data for specific periods. Otherwise, we will retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected. Children
Most MOC Internet Sites and Apps are not intended for children under 13 years of age. MOC will not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children under 13, or the relevant minimum age under applicable local legal requirements, except as permitted under applicable law. MOC B2B Services
If you are a verified California resident, you may have, pursuant to the CCPA, the following rights with respect to your personal information with MOC, which apply differently in different circumstances: right to access, right to information, and the right to deletion. MOC does not and will not sell personal information. Most of these rights are not absolute. Below we describe these rights in more detail and provide information on how you can exercise them. If you are a verified California consumer and make a request to exercise your rights, we will respond within 45 days, but we have the right to extend this period by 45 additional days where necessary. If we extend the response period, we will let you know within 45 days from your request. You can exercise your rights by completing this request form
or by contacting us toll free at 1-818-794-3500.
Questions about this Policy or our Privacy Statements
- Right to Access.You have a right to ask MOC to provide the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we retain about you through your account with us or, at your option, by mail or in a readily usable electronic format. MOC is obligated to respond to no more than two Right-to-Access requests in a 12-month period. The Right to Access does not apply to information collected by MOC for a single transaction.
- Right to Information.You have the right to ask MOC to disclose to you: (i) the categories of personal information that MOC has collected about you in the 12 months preceding the request and the specific pieces of that personal information, (ii) the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected (iii) the business purpose or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information, (iv) the categories of third parties with whom or which the personal information is shared, (v) the categories of personal information that MOC has sold about you and the categories of parties to whom or which MOC sold each category of personal information, and (vi) the categories of personal information that MOC has disclosed about you for a business purpose.
- Right to Deletion.You have the right to ask MOC to delete personal information it has collected about you. The Right to Deletion does not apply when MOC needs the personal information: (i) to complete a transaction with you, provide a good or service requested by you, or otherwise perform a contract with you; (ii) to detect or prevent security incidents or illegal activity; (iii) to identify and correct errors that impair existing functionality; (iv) for the exercise of a legal right or to ensure another person can exercise his or her legal right; (v) to comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act; (vi) to engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest if deletion of the personal information is likely to make the research impossible or seriously impair it; (vii) solely for internal uses that are reasonably aligned with expectations based on your relationship with MOC; (viii) to comply with a legal obligation; or (ix) for lawful internal uses that are compatible with the context in which MOC obtained the information.
If you have any questions about this Policy or a Specific Privacy Statement or our use of your personal information, please contact us by writing to us at: MOC Company Attn: Legal 12306 Montague St. Pacoima, CA 91331 Changes to this Policy and our Privacy Statements